Thursday, April 2, 2009

karno.

Person as a youth;
“When I grow up, I want to be an astronaut”
Person as an adult;
“How I wish I could relive the days of my youth”
Why is it that we want to know what it feels like at the opposite ends of our age, also leading to the fact that the further we are away from this truth of life, the more active we seem in reaching out to it.
Bob Dylan wrote, “ …Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.” - and vice-versa, it would still befit the context.

Much pressure comes from the parents’ side, owing to the fact that they want their kids to grow older-better-richer-quicker; whereas on the other hand, adults feel the need to rejuvenate their, what they would term it as, ‘their long lost youth’.
Why is there this want or rush to go forward and backward in time, and not savour the moment in and within our reach. Perhaps then a deeply philosophical question would arise, as to what do life and its quirks mean to the individual.
A person needs to move on and away from this notion of going back or visiting a time, physically when is not apt, and stay true to the time that is bestowed upon them. Being mentally present in a time as opposed to the physical aspect matters a huge deal too. Therein you can be present at a time zone but keeping in mind your actual physical self.
It’s not about waiting to live or re-living a moment that is the key, but ‘living this moment’ in order to achieve.


GOING TO WORD IT BETTER. FEEDBACK!

4 comments:

  1. Love the bob dylan quote. maybe you could play off that more? The words you're looking for are "carpe diem". Its latin(i think)for 'seize the day'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, thanks ill try to work on it.
    sorry for the bad grammar

    ReplyDelete
  3. the second para seems a little out of place to me - because when i read it through it jumps from an individual to parent-pressure(because that's the first point mentioned) and then back to individual. maybe that angle could be brought in somewhere else? it's disrupting the flow.

    ReplyDelete