Saturday, April 4, 2009

2nd draft. karno

Why is it that we want to know what it feels like at the opposite ends of our age, also leading to the fact that the further we are away from this truth of life, the more active we seem in trying to grasp it.
Person in his/her youth;
“When I grow up, I want to be an astronaut” …and hence I will do all I can to become the next Neil Armstrong.
Person as an adult;
“How I wish I could relive the days of my youth” ...therefore I have decided to wear my old polka-dotted ties, fluorescent coloured shirts and bell-bottom velvet pants from this day forth.
Person in the ‘Now’;
“Let’s just work out today and when tomorrow comes, we shall cross the bridge” …and by doing so I have ‘lived’.

Bob Dylan sang a similar tune, “ …Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.” - and vice-versa, it would still befit the context.
The quote refers to a point of that of a child trying to act and think ‘grown up’ in his own indulgent ways without having being on the receptive end to the openness and wisdom one feels after living more of one’s life.
Mark Twain, too wrote, “When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."
This plays around the point about a person being ignorant towards his own self and surroundings to perceive what the truth is. People may bear their own thoughts and idea’s on how they see things but as they get older they realize that maybe they weren’t as smart as they thought they were. Ironically, this also harps on the fact that whilst ‘this’ person was being a grown-up, he was immature in his ability to comprehend the changes needed then.

A person needs to move on and away from this notion of going back or visiting a time, and stay true to the time that is bestowed upon them.

It’s not about waiting to live or re-living a moment that is the key, but ‘living this moment’ in order to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment