Saturday, April 4, 2009

ANISA

Name : Shikari Age: 28 Place : Chattisgarh
“Every year they come and ask for your vote, how come you never ask for other basic necessities, electricity, water facilities?”
“We want our rights back, our land first, then we talk about electricity, cars, bikes, whatever.” He snapped; and then apologised saying he couldn’t help being angry. Twenty eight, and head of the Baigha tribe, we met Shikari.
The Baighas have lived in the forests of Chattisgarh for the past fifteen years. Known for jadi booti and jantar mantar ka gyan or the knowledge of roots and herbs and black magic, the forest is their home. But they have been forced to move, ever since the Forests right act was passed.


Name : Amu Age : 7 Place : On the train to Vishakapatnam
“Excuse me, I am very fond of foreigners. Can I please have your autograph?
Joanna Griffin : Sure, Can I have your autograph as well? Thank you so much.
Alan Manley: Huh? What?


Name : Agro bai
Age: 27
Place Chattisgarh
“I asked him to marry me but he didn’t want to, so I sprinkled haldi (turmeric) on him and now he is my husband!”

No comments:

Post a Comment